Saturday, March 25, 2006

Packing Early,Traveling Light!

One week from now, I will be in an airplane, on my way back home to Israel. I haven’t been to Israel in the spring in seven years, and I am very excited to be smelling wild flowers again! This trip is mostly family related, but it will also have a lot to do with scent and finding new inspiration from the olfactory landscapes of my home country, which has always been my greatest inspiration for my perfumes.

I started packing as early as three weeks ago, which is very clever yet not my typical practice, and I intend to make this a tradition from now on.
As a perfume connoisseur and a fragrance junkie, the most exciting yet somewhat challenging part of all (after choosing scented gifts to bring back to family and friends, of course), is deciding which scents I will be wearing for the next month when I am away. I already packed my perfume for my trip back home.

This time was quite easy, but I wouldn’t go as far as saying that I have truly managed to keep it light… It is going to be quite warm when I am there (over 20 degrees Celsius for the most part, for sure). Which is very, very hot in my book. I am packing mostly hot weather scents, that I usually can’t wear in Vancouver until July or August, and even than, only on certain days. Some are even suitable for a humid hot day at the beach…

I am taking a flacon of Espionage (which I always have with me everywhere I go!), purse sprays of Fetish (my ultimate hot weather scent!), Tamya, Megumi and White potion. I am also taking with me a roll on bottle of virgin coconut oil with chocolate absolute. Here it is completely solid almost year around ☹ but the coconut oil will liquefy as soon as we get to the Holy Land!
And I am taking my Perfumed Pendants of course – with Espionage (turquoise opal) and Ayalitta (red garnet).

Other perfumes that I am taking are usually on the light or floral side, except for a decant of Arabie which I am taking for sentimental reasons only.
I am taking with me Philosykos, Mitsouko EDT, Fleur de Shanghai, Narciso Rodriguez, Fleurs d'Oranger, Bvlgari, Diorissimo and Spring Flower.

And last but not least – a handful of samples of scents that I think will work better in hot weather, and I don’t usually wear. I am taking them with me to create new memories with them… Wearing them later when I come back to Vancouver will remind me of my trip… That’s what I call “emotion simulation technology”. These include Le Parfum de Therese, l’Ombre Dans l’Eau, Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien and Eau de Sud, Antonia’s Flowers (all three scents), Jo Malone’s Grapefruit Cologne, Ormonde Jayne Frangipani and Osmanthus, Miller Harris Figue Amere and Citron Citron, and a few others. So you can sort of expect to read reviews of some of these scents in the following month.

I am leaving April 1st and will be back on the 26th. I will, however, have access to the internet most of the time, and will report about my various fragrant adventures.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home