Monday, June 18, 2007

SmellyBlog Logo Poll Contest Winner Announcement


Draw Logo Contest, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

It's time to announce the results of the last few contests I run here on SmellyBlog.

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who participated in the poll for choosing SmellyBlog's new logo. As you can see, I have completely disregarded your advice, and went for my own favourite... I'm kidding, of course. You can probably imagine that there were other factors for my decision making besides your opinion (which matters to me a lot). I asked many people in person, besides on the blog, and consulted with friends and family. The logo with the little "cartoony" nose seems to be the best choice - my decision committee (lead by myself and my devoted graphic designer) felt that this was the most original, and we liked how it was humorous and a bit of a parody on my company's logo. Instead of the graceful and dreamy fairy, we now have a snotty nose with a similar line qualities (and the same font, by the way) and an amused expression of scent enjoyment smeared all over that minimalistic face.

After I have got my graphic designer, the talented Terry Sunderland, to perfect it and clean it up (the lines and the angles are a bit different - you'll need to have an eye for detail to really notice the difference between what I posted originally here as part of the poll, and what you can see above as the header for this humbly stinky blog). It's been up for a while, with no frilly introductions. Now is the time to announce its presence, as well as who won a full bottle of Opium Fleur Imperiale!

SAMANTHA, you are the winner - so please contact me with your mailing address (your bogger profile is secret, so I have no way of contacting you other than through this announcement). Once I hear from you, Fleur Imperiale will be shipped to you immediately!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home