Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mental Notes: It's HOT!

I is over room temperature in Vancouver today (verrrry unusual), and we are all cooking... To top it off, I spent most of the day at the market, not the beach...
I wore my Charisma, with its refreshing spearmint and green tea notes. And served a cool Tirzah tea (which is now sold out until a new batch is made! Yay!).
I suppose the need for hydration is excellent day for increasing tea sales...

Being one of those days that calls for an extra shower in the evening, I was given the opportunity to switch my perfume once again. So this evening I am wearing Bronze Goddess lotion (the scent has already faded into a warm-skin-and-sand subtlety) as a background, and in the foreground, I've anointed my wrists and pulse points with nothing less than Film Noir in creme parfum. The creme parfum makes it smell drier, somehow.

Tomorrow I'll be back with some more substantial entries. In the meantime - share your parfum de jour or any other interesting olfactory encounters of the day. Alternatively, I'll be more than just a little curious to hear what fragrances help you cool off in a very hot and humid day.

Good night!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2008 11:34 AM, Blogger Perfumeshrine said...

You're getting unusually hot weather I see; it's bitterly cold in North Europe now ~in short, earth has gone amok, it seems...

What helps me cool off, you ask:
Chanel NO.19 in EDT, Un Jardin sur le Nil, Poivre Samarkande, Declaration, Cristalle, Bandit in EDP, Extrait de Songe, Nude Musk, Narciso EDT and the parfum oil, Gucci edp II, In Love again, iris scents in general, local orange blossom water...must be others too!

I also wear a couple of things that bloom in the heat although not cool feeling themselves, such as Fleurs d'oranger, A la nuit and things like that ;-)

 
At June 05, 2008 11:11 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

I love your list, Helg. Mine changes every year and I will have to dedicate a post for this year's heat fragrances for me. But at the top of the list permanently reside Le Parfum de Therese, Philosykos and Fleur de Shanghai. No. 19 can become too floral for me in the extreme heat though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home