Thursday, July 24, 2014

Rose Garden Perfume

Taking a little breather from feverishly working on the last edits and additions to my book... And blog a little on some of the things I've been brewing (for the book, and just for fun).

I've enjoyed the rose garden strolls so much, that I wanted to create a perfume that captures the full-spectrum of rose garden's beauty. For a long time, I had a rose leaf concrete that I had no idea what to do with. It has high portion of floral waxes in it, so it looks like brittle yet creamy pieces of cocoa butter, only green in colour. Such texture would be frustrating to work into an alcoholic perfume, but perfect in Crème Parfum.

I wanted it to smell like leaves, flowers, rosehips, and a tiny bit of the moist fertile soil. It's very fruity but also leafy and fresh. Very rosy but does not feel too formal or ancient. It's probably the most realistic rose scent I've ever made, a little rustic and free spirited too.


Top notes: Szechuan Pepper, Lemon, Fresh Ginger
Heart notes: Rose Leaf Concrete, Bulgarian Rose, Rose de Mai, Rugosa Rose
Base notes: Sandalwood, Green Spikenard, Oakmoss, Angelica


The resulting perfume brings me much comfort during what seems like a terrible summer from hell in too many parts of the world, include Palestine and Israel. I would like to ask you all to dedicate a few moments a day to pray for peace in whichever way you see fit. Light a candle, chant, meditate, burn incense, fast. It's time we all put our honest and pure intent into bring an end to the violence in so many parts of the world. As one Palestinian girl said it: "We are all going to die, so let's live our lives in peace".

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home